When I started my VA business, I struggled with networking:
- I didn’t want to go to the local networking event (even though I knew I should) – it was easier to network from behind the computer
- I felt awkward entering a room with a bunch of people I didn’t know – and who had really no idea what a VA was
- I was intimidated by the professionals there – they appeared to be confident and totally comfortable meeting strangers
- I wasn’t a fan of the ‘get my business card in the hands of as many as possible’ approach
- My ‘elevator speech’ just never felt right – I felt clumsy and inauthentic
- I felt insecure with the moment of silence that followed my “My name is Cindy and I’m Virtual Assistant” introduction
- I wasn’t so sure I fit in — should I really be at this event?
- I was shy about ‘harassing’ people (aka following up) after the event to try to build a relationship
Truth be known, I simply just stopped networking … and I suffered because of it. Then I smartened up, sucked it up, better prepared myself and went to the right places, with the right people and learned how to really connect and peak their interest (yes, without the darn ‘elevator speech’).
For years, VAs that I have coached and trained have shared their insecurities with networking. And I know today that many of us in the VA industry still struggle with networking — finding the right places, building relationships and experiencing return on our time (via new clients, referrals etc.)
A few months ago, I met Nancy Fox of The Business Fox. We instantly connected and as I heard her case studies, stories and tips on helping professionals with networking, I knew I had to find a way to share her with you. Nancy recently launched her brand new book “Network Like a Fox” and she graciously has accepted my request of offering great information to help YOU with your networking in a free teleclass on Wednesday, June 12th.
When you join us for the How to Convert Your Business Networking Into High Quality Leads and Clients teleclass, you’ll learn:
- the best places to network
- how to break the ice with your ideal clients
- how to easily and comfortably follow up with your new colleagues and build a relationship
- how to be productive – increasing your connection with leads, meetings and conversions to clients
It all takes place on Wednesday, June 12th at 1pm Eastern / 10am Pacific. Sign up below to hold your spot.